"Count on City Council, Mayor and Staff for high integrity, collaboration and effective stewardship." - Core Values of the City of Sandpoint
Strategic Priorities Adopted by the City Council:
- We have improved greatly in this area as a city, but there is still work to be done. I will be a mayor that listens - I am accessible and I welcome your questions and concerns. I have a great working relationship with our amazing city staff and I look forward to leading future efforts to further improve how we serve our citizens.
- I'm committed to being an outspoken advocate for our local businesses, helping to recruit new opportunities, and thinking outside the box to further diversify and strengthen our economy. I'm committed to working with our Legislature to preserve Sandpoint's resort city status as our population nears the disqualifying threshold so that we can continue to support fundamental services for our citizens.
- We are so blessed to live in God's Country - we need to protect it. I am uniquely qualified to accomplish this goal as a Ph.D. scientist with more than 15 years of experience studying the environment. I look forward to making Sandpoint a leader in sustainability through advanced wastewater treatment, facilitating a healthy Urban Forest and more.
- Our culture is part of what makes Sandpoint so special - from the Farmer's Market to the Festival at Sandpoint and beyond. I'm committed to preserving Sandpoint's traditions and respecting its historical roots while encouraging creativity that is grounded in fiscal responsibility and transparency.
- While livability encompasses more than housing, this is something that we're really struggling with as a city. I want to make sure that Sandpoint is affordable for young families, single working parents and everyone that wants to remain a part of this community because they truly love it. I'm committed to leading efforts to identify and implement solutions to address this issue.